Sunday, March 23, 2014

Yoga :)

What a weekend!  I've already described my struggle to surrender and while I certainly haven't mastered such a momentous lesson, I have wholeheartedly embraced the intention.  In fact, after a difficult night Friday, I have had the most incredible weekend.  While I hesitate to call it a transformation, because that might suggest that the journey is over, I am experiencing what I have to call the start of one.  

I returned to my yoga mat on Saturday and had an amazing practice on Saturday morning that challenged me, strengthened me and reminded me both that I am capable and deserving.  This morning, we worked on a series of poses, breaking them down and practicing them.  Then we taught each other, thirty-two sun salutations in all.  For those of you who don't practice yoga, that's roughly twelve poses repeated thirty-two times in a row.  It was both brutal and absolutely beautiful.  Working my body and my mind in that way brought so much joy and peace.  

I had some wonderful conversations with some women who are fast becoming friends whose insight I so admire.  I had some realizations about my body, that I carry my stress in my shoulders and that I don't really even know how to let it go, and my mind, that when I harness joy and actively cultivate it, I can maintain it, even if the face of darker moods.  I also committed this next two weeks toward surrender and yoga.  If you're looking for me, I'll be at the studio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment