Saturday, January 25, 2014

Patching the Cracks

Yesterday, I succumbed to a very, very dark mood.  I felt like there were cracks in the foundation of my recovery.  Well, today I'm patching those cracks.

One of the hardest things for me when I was in the depths of my depression was not slipping deeper day after day.  So, my first step I'm taking with my mind over matter attitude is to fight that with everything I've got.  I got up today and went to yoga.  As often seems to happen, when you take one happy step forward, happy things follow.  I was greeted warmly by my yoga teacher training instructor and reminded that training starts in only two weeks!  I came home to sort through my Wildtree order and prep for my three parties this weekend and was reminded that I really enjoy doing this and that it's going rather well.  Then I got an email in my inbox for a class I'm taking through Coursera called Soul Beliefs:  Causes and Consequences.  I figure the best way to figure out my life is to immerse myself in rediscovering it on all fronts.

I'm filling my recently empty and broken life back up with teacher training, work, Wildtree, learning, staying at home with my loves.  Filling up feels really, really good this time around.  I haven't enjoyed my down time nearly as much as I do when I'm busy.  So, busy is a good step for me.  I just have to make sure I'm busy with the right things and I feel like I'm on the right path to succeed at that goal.

So there's a little sunshine after yesterday's stormy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment